Removing fine scratches or a blotchy appearance
You may notice that the surface of your countertop begins to look blotchy. Typically, this is caused by leaving hard water to dry on the surface which will leave a film of minerals. To remove this film:
- Pour some mild abrasive liquid cleanser, such as Soft Scrub®, on a damp sponge or cloth and rub over area using small circular motions, from the front to the back, then side to side, overlapping the circles until the entire area has been cleaned.
- Thoroughly rinse the top with clean water and WIPE SURFACE COMPLETELY DRY.
- Check to see if blotchiness is gone. If not, repeat procedure applying more pressure on the sponge or rag.
- Continue over all affected areas until all film is removed.
- NOTE: While this procedure may remove or minimize the look of very fine scratches, other deeper scratches may remain. They may be removed by following the procedure below or you may with to hire a professional refinisher to refinish your countertop. Contact your Corian® Retailer or DuPont to arrange for professional refinishing.